Preference floors have earnt a reputation as a dependable and down-to-earth manufacturer who stand behind their products. A 100% Australian owned company who humbly supply elegant and great quality Engineered, Bamboo, Cork, Laminate and Vinyl floorboards. Preference lets their products do the talking.
Laminate flooring is a modern, convenient and robust floating floor system that mimics the charm of nature with a realistic imitation timber décor.
• Highly scratch resistant Melamine resin coating
• Coating impregnates a printed imitation timber décor and is realistically textured
• A microbevel safeguards against premature edge wear while giving contrast to each plank
• Core is strong, high quality HDF giving superior stability
• Click-lock joint system on all sides
• Most packs have a few ‘nested lengths’ which are shorter pieces designed to randomise the laying pattern
Laminate floorboards are typically suitable for floating with underlay on a flat, dry, waterproofed and structural subfloor such as plywood, particleboard, existing timber floorboards or concrete slabs. They come pre-finished with a click-lock joint system and are designed to be DIY friendly for most normal dwellings. NEVER INSTALL LAMINATE IN WET AREAS (BATHROOM / LAUNDRY) OR OUTDOORS. If you are unsure about installation, we encourage you to contact us with questions.
Laminates consist of a HDF core which is made from pulped wood. This makes HDF a truly renewable resource, a mature tree is harvested, a young tree grows in its place and a few decades later is ready for harvesting again. Material is sourced from plantations or regrowth forests and is often recovery from the timber industry, reclaiming material from an already ultra-sustainable industry. Forests are carefully, conservatively managed to ensure a responsible amount of wood is harvested. HDF uses a relatively small amount of energy during processing compared to other building materials like metals and concrete, the HDF itself is a carbon storer.