Preference floors have earnt a reputation as a dependable and down-to-earth manufacturer who stand behind their products. A 100% Australian owned company who humbly supply elegant and great quality Engineered, Bamboo, Cork, Laminate and Vinyl floorboards. Preference lets their products do the talking.
• Name: Fiddleback
• Species: Blackbutt, Spotted Gum
• Grade: Standard & Better
• Installation Method: Floating on Underlay or Direct Stick
• Appearance: Knots, Filled Voids, Gum Veins & Natural Characteristics
• Core Material / Structure: Genuine Australian Eucalyptus wear layer over a stable plywood base
• Width: 136mm
• Thickness: 12mm
• Length: 1860mm
• Wear Layer: 0.6mm Lamella
• Square metres m2 Per Box: 136mm: 1.77 m2
• Packaging: 136mm = 7 rows per box
• Finish: PU Semi-Gloss – approx. 40% gloss level – Smooth face • PU Matte – approx. 10% gloss level – Smooth face & Textured Brushed face
• Surface: Smooth Face or Texture Brushed Face
• Coating System: European – Water based multi-coat PU lacquer coating system
• Locking System: Patented Click System
• Edge: Micro Bevelled Edge – 4 sides
• Slip Test: R9 & P2 Semi-Gloss / R10 & P3 – Matte
• VOC Emissions: E1
Features & Benefits
Fiddleback Engineered Australian Hardwood collection is manufactured from a Genuine Australian Eucalyptus wear layer bonded over a stable plywood base. It is available in Spotted Gum & Blackbutt & contains tightly filled knots & natural characteristics. This creates an authentic plank visual with the associated stability & durability of an engineered timber floor.
Available in 2 sizes – Traditional 136mm in the resource efficient 0.6mm micro veneer with a choice of smooth or light wire brushed surface & Classic 186mm in a 3.0mm sawn cut wear layer with a smooth surface finish.
• European – Water based multi-coat PU lacquer coating system
• Patented Uniclic format provides quick & easy installation with minimum dust, smell & mess
• Micro Bevelled Edges on all 4 sides
• Professional Installation recommended
• Durable & Stable
• Excellent wear resistance
• Can be floated over a suitable underlay or Direct stuck to a prepared sub floor
• Walk on immediately after installation
• Environmentally Friendly
• Suitable for residential, multi-residential
• Indoor use – Not suitable for wet areas
Fiddleback Engineered Floating Floor is suitable for indoor use, it has a Patented Uniclick drop & lock system which can be installed floating over an appropriate underlay with a plastic moisture barrier, on a suitably prepared 100% flat, dry, waterproofed and structural subfloor such as plywood, particleboard, existing timber floorboards or concrete slabs. It is also suitable for installation over ceramic tiles & terrazzo as long as the surface is 100% flat. If levelling is required your installer will notify you before the installation commences. This product can also be installed as a direct stuck floor for a more stable underfoot feel. Please ask for me information on direct stuck floors. To minimize shade variation, mix & install planks from several cartons. Packs should be opened on the day of installation to avoid boards picking up moisture. We recommend a 12-15mm expansion gap on each edge, around perimeters, all room fixtures and any vertical obstructions such as pipes, island benches & cabinets. Rooms larger than 6 metres will need additional expansion joints.
On completion of installing your floor, install, trims, skirting or scotia over the expansion gap, fasten these to the wall only, never to the flooring itself. In places where profiles or skirtings cannot be placed, fill the expansion gaps with an elastic filler.
They are designed to be installed by a professional floor installer or highly skilled tradesperson. Installing engineered flooring requires a level of skill & it is recommended that a qualified tradesperson with the relevant skill levels install engineered floors. All our installation teams are qualified and professional for your piece of mind. If you are unsure about installation, or would like a full installation guide, we encourage you to contact us with questions or to make a booking for a check measure & quote.
• Keep Fiddleback Engineered Floating Floors in a climate-controlled indoor area (between 18-25 °C)
• Avoid placing rugs or mats directly on the floor for at least 6-8 weeks after installation
• Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. Use blinds or drapes to minimise exposure
• Sweep or vacuum your floor regularly (at least once a week) to remove loose grit, dirt and dust
Please note: Vacuums with a beater bar or power rotary brush head should not be used
• Wipe up spills immediately to avoid stains
• Mop regularly with a very well rung out mop (almost dry) using water only or a mild specialty PH neutral wood floor cleaning solution
• Use doormats outside each entrance to prevent dirt, sand & grit etc. coming in contact with your floor
• Use floor protector pads (not rubber, latex or Cocoa fibre mats) under furniture legs & movable furniture
• Keep animal nails trimmed
• Stiletto heels or spiked heels can severely damage your floor. Maintain heels, take off your shoes on entering the floor area and use rugs or runners in high traffic areas
• Never drag, slide or roll furniture over your floor. Always lift and place in position carefully
• Do not steam mop
Matching accessories are available. Please check with one of our friendly staff members for availability.
• 20 years – Limited Wear Warranty – Residential
• 25 years – Limited Structural Warranty – Residential
• 5 years Limited Wear Warranty For Commercial Use
• Please ask for further details regarding warranty guidelines