Quick-step, the manufacturer of the Compact range, is a market leader in quality floating floor products. They were the first manufacturer to use a click-lock joint system (Uniclic) which revolutionised the market, today they remain at the forefront of flooring technology with numerous innovations. Quick-Step are just as obsessive over the visual design of their products with an enormous selection of stylish creations. Leading innovation in performance, convenience and aesthetics.
• Brand: Quick-Step Compact
• Colour: Neutral
• Wood Species: Oak
• Surface Finish: Extra Matt Finish
• Style: 1 Strip
• Thickness: 12.5mm
• Width: Standard
• Dimensions: 1820 x 145mm
• Pack Size: 1.583 m²
• Pack Weight: approx. 17.6 kg
• Edging: Bevelled Edge
• Core: HDF
• Installation Method: Uniclic Multifit
• Domestic Warranty: 25 Year Wear & Lifetime Structural
• Commercial Warranty: Available on request
Quick-Step Compact Engineered Flooring is suitable for indoor use. It has a patented Uniclic® Multifit locking system which is simply the cleanest, strongest & fastest joining system available. Boards can also be replaced within the floor should they become damaged in years to come. It can be directly stuck using a suitable adhesive or installed as a floating floor with an appropriate underlay with a plastic moisture barrier, on a prepared 100% flat, dry, waterproofed and structural subfloor such as plywood, particleboard, existing timber floorboards or concrete slabs. Floating installation is also suitable for installation over ceramic tiles & terrazzo as long as the surface is 100% flat. If levelling is required your installer should notify you before the installation commences. To minimize shade variation, mix & install planks from several cartons. Packs should be opened on the day of installation to avoid boards picking up moisture. We recommend a 12-15mm expansion gap on each edge, around perimeters and all room fixtures. Rooms larger than 6 metres will need additional expansion joints.
On completion of installing your floor, install, appropriate trims, skirting or scotia over the expansion gap, fasten these to the wall only, never to the flooring itself (unless specified). In places where profiles or skirtings cannot be placed, fill the expansion gaps with an elastic filler.
They are designed to be installed by a professional floor installer or highly skilled tradesperson. Installing engineered flooring requires a level of skill & it is recommended that a qualified tradesperson with the relevant skill levels install engineered floors. All our installation teams are qualified and professional for your piece of mind. If you are unsure about installation, or would like a full installation guide, we encourage you to contact us with questions or to make a booking for a check measure & quote.
• Keep Quick-Step Compact Engineered Floating Floors in a climate-controlled indoor area (between 18-25 °C)
• Avoid placing rugs or mats directly on the floor for at least 6-8 weeks after installation
• Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. Use blinds or drapes to minimise exposure
• Sweep or vacuum your floor regularly (at least once a week) to remove loose grit, dirt and dust
Please note: Vacuums with a beater bar or power rotary brush head should not be used
• Wipe up spills immediately to avoid stains
• Mop regularly with a very well rung out mop (almost dry) using water only or a mild specialty PH neutral wood floor cleaning solution
• Use doormats outside each entrance to prevent dirt, sand & grit etc. coming in contact with your floor
• Use floor protector pads (not rubber, latex or Cocoa fibre mats) under furniture legs & movable furniture
• Keep animal nails trimmed
• Stiletto heels or spiked heels can severely damage your floor. Maintain heels, take off your shoes on entering the floor area and use rugs or runners in high traffic areas
• Never drag, slide or roll furniture over your floor. Always lift and place in position carefully
• Do not steam mop or excessive water to clean your floor.
Matching accessories are available. Please check with one of our friendly staff members for appropriate function & availability.
• 25 years – Lifetime Wear Warranty – Residential (according to manufactures conditions)
• 25 years – Lifetime Structural Warranty – Residential (according to manufactures conditions)
• Commercial warranties – On application ONLY
Please ask for further details regarding warranty guidelines
Timber is a natural material. Variation in appearance and properties is an enticing part of designing and building with real timber! Each fibre in each plank in each project is uniquely designed by nature. We strive in good faith to present you with the most accurate portrayal of what you can expect in your timber by using images, past job portfolios, detailed information and samples, the other part of this responsibility is advising you that your timber’s appearance WILL vary from these guides. Please use this information as a guide only.
Timber is a truly renewable resource, a mature tree is harvested, a young tree grows in its place and a few decades later is ready for harvesting again. Australia’s vast forests are carefully, conservatively managed to ensure a responsible amount of wood is harvested. Engineered floorboards consist of a core made from either plantation plywood or Hevea, a recovery timber from rubberwood plantations. Timber uses a relatively small amount of energy during processing compared to other building materials like metals and concrete, the timber itself is a carbon storer and has a long working life