Quick-step, the manufacturer of the ReadyCork – Vita range, is a market leader in quality floating floor products. They were the first manufacturer to use a click-lock joint system (Uniclic) which revolutionised the market, today they remain at the forefront of flooring technology with numerous innovations. Quick-Step are just as obsessive over the visual design of their products with an enormous selection of stylish creations. Leading innovation in performance, convenience and aesthetics.
Quick-Step ReadyCork – Vita collection combines the natural benefits of cork flooring with the authenticity and beauty of timber flooring. The stunning surface decors are achieved by state-of-the-art digital printing technology. Thanks to the pur Hot coating® surface finish, ReadyCork Vita is extremely hard wearing, resulting in durability beyond nature’s capabilities!
• Brand: Quick-Step ReadyCork – Vita
• Style: Floating Planks
• Dimensions: Length 1746mm, Width 194mm, Thickness 13.5mm
• Pack size: 1.69 sqm/ctn
• Finish: Matt
• Edging: Square Edge
• Joint System: Uniclic
Manufactured from the bark of the unique Cork Oak Tree. The stripping of this bark does not kill the tree: it continues to grow more bark. The new layers are stripped at regular intervals of around 9 years while the tree grows on for centuries.
• 1st Layer: Coating System: High Performance Pur Hot Coating®
• 2nd Layer: High Definition Digital Printing
• 3rd Layer: High-Density natural cork surface, 3 mm thickness
• 4th Layer: Moisture resistant, high-density fibreboard, 9 mm thickness
• 5th Layer: Integrated cork underlay 1.5 mm thickness with Microban® antibacterial protection
• Impact resistant
• Naturally insulated
• Durable & Resilient
• Warm, soft & quiet under foot
• DIY or Professional installation
Quick-Step ReadyCork – Vita Flooring is suitable for indoor use, floating on a 100% flat, dry, waterproofed and structural subfloor such as plywood, particleboard, existing timber floorboards or concrete slabs. It is also suitable for installation over ceramic tiles & terrazzo. We recommend a 10-12mm gap is recommended for most installations with a gap of 14-16mm required for larger installations or in areas of high humidity. Quick-Step ReadyCork – Vita is a floating floor system and a 200 micron plastic moisture barrier should be laid to prevent moisture uptake from the subfloor. Alternatively, a recommended combination underlay can be used. Ensure that the end joints of the panels in 2 successive rows are never in line, they should be staggered by at least 30 cm. The panels will click together. On completion of installing your floor Install skirting or scotia over the 2mm gap, fasten these to the wall only, never to the flooring itself. In places where profiles or skirtings cannot be placed, fill the expansion gaps with an elastic filler. We recommend installation by a professional installer. However they are designed to be DIY friendly for most normal dwellings. If you are unsure about installation, or would like full instructions on how to install, we encourage you to contact us with questions.
Quick-Step ReadyCork – Vita floors are easy to maintain and designed for your comfort and carefree enjoyment.
• Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. Use blinds or drapes to minimise exposure
• Sweep or vacuum your Quick-Step ReadyCork – Vita floor regularly (at least once a week) to remove loose dirt and dust
• Install quality matts at every door in connection with outside
• Wipe up spills immediately to avoid stains
• For best results use the Premium Cork & Timber Maintenance Kit and Premium Cork & Timber Cleaner to mop your floor clean using a damp well rung out mop
• Do not steam mop
• Use felt floor protector pads (not rubber) under furniture legs
• Never drag furniture over the floor. Always lift them and place them in position
• Intensive room heating, may cause the floor to dry out. As cork is a natural material, this may cause shrinkage and minor gaps in the flooring joints. Humidifiers can be used to avoid this
• 25 Year Wear Warranty – Residential
Downloadable Technical Specifications & Tests