Bamboo is fast growing, taking only 4-6 years on average to mature. It is an eco-friendly resource and a perfect renewable alternate to timber flooring. A strict selection from raw material to finished product. With its solid construction, BT Bamboo is stable, almost completely insect resistant. Eco Flooring’s manufacturing process is also environmentally sustainable. They use nontoxic glues and manufacturing techniques, their coatings are water based and contain no VOCs so won’t damage the environment.
Eco Flooring Systems is the leading specialist of bamboo flooring in Australia. They are the exclusive importer of BT Bamboo® in Australia. Operating since 1996, we have an 18 year track record and a portfolio of multi award winning installations that we are extremely proud of. When it comes to bamboo supplied by Eco Flooring Systems you can have confidence knowing that you can rely on us as sustainable suppliers, providing sustainable products from a sustainable environment for your long term wellbeing.
• Brand: ECO Flooring – BT Strand Woven Bamboo
• Type: Floating Floor
• Installation: Glueless on top of underlay
• Dimensions: 1845L x 130W x 14mmD
• Pack size: 1.44 sqm/ctn, 6pcs/box
• Finish: Satin – 13 layers Trefferts Aluminium Oxide
• Edging: Micro Bevelled Edge
• Joint System: Välinge 2G Locking
• Janka Rating: 15.3
• VOC: E0
BT bamboo is manufactured from specially selected bamboo that is harvested from sustainable forests. The bamboo stalks are grown to maturity prior to harvesting to ensure the strength and quality of the product. It is treated against fungal attack and insect infestation and then kiln dried. Strand woven bamboo is created when random strips of bamboo have been assembled under extreme pressure and heat to create the hardest most durable bamboo available. It is manufactured to international standards of EO emissions, for high indoor air quality, to look after your health. Aesthetically it appears like timber and is the bamboo of choice for many architects due its stylish satin coatings that accentuate the natural beauty and warmth of the bamboo.
• A grade quality sustainable raw materials
• Uniform in colour
• Solid Strand Woven construction for additional stability
• FSC Certified for strong environmental credentials
• Low VOCs
• Non toxic manufacturing
• Recyclable packaging
• Välinge patented locking systems with waxed edges for easy, tight installations
• 13 layers of German quality Trefferts UV cured aluminium oxide coatings for tough and longer lasting finishes
• Comprehensive quality control systems of 23 inspection checks for guarantee of excellence
• Multi award winning designer colour range
• ECO Friendly
BT Bamboo Flooring is suitable for indoor use, floating on a 100% flat, dry, waterproofed and structural subfloor such as plywood, particleboard, existing timber floorboards or concrete slabs. We recommend a 15mm expansion gap around perimeters, pipes, kitchen island bench & connecting section to other types of flooring. BT Bamboo is a floating floor system, and a suitable underlay with a plastic moisture barrier should be used. During installation it is best to mix up the panels sufficiently so that there are not too many similar boards together. Ensure that the end joints of the panels in 2 successive rows are never in line, they should be staggered by at least 25 cm. For larger areas over 6m in width an expansion joint will be needed. The panels have a locking system on all 4 sides and will simply lock into place which makes installation easy. On completion of installing your floor, Install skirting or scotia over the 15mm gap, fasten these to the wall only, never to the flooring itself. In places where profiles or skirtings cannot be placed, fill the expansion gaps with an elastic filler. We recommend installation by a professional installer. If you are unsure about installation, we encourage you to contact us with questions. For full instructions please see manufactures Installation Instructions.
As a general guide we recommend: Daily/weekly: Vacuum, sweep or use an antistatic mop to remove dust and dirt. How often you clean the floor is dependent on the amount of traffic and the amount of dirt carried onto the floor.
• Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. Use blinds or drapes to minimise exposure
• Sweep or vacuum your floor regularly (at least once a week) to remove loose dirt and dust
• Install quality matts at every door in connection with outside
• Wipe up spills immediately to avoid damage
• Mop regularly using a recommended cleaning product and a damp well wrung out mop
• Do not steam mop
• Use felt floor protector pads (not rubber) under all furniture legs & bases
• Never drag furniture over the floor. Always lift them and place them in position
For a full guide on Maintenance please see BT Bamboo Maintenance brochure
A range of trims, coloured scotia and stair nosing are available, please check for availability.
• 25 year wear warranty
• Lifetime Structural Warranty
Downloadable Technical Specifications & Tests