Eco Flooring Systems is an Australian specialist in bamboo flooring.
As the exclusive importer of BT Bamboo in Australia, we have an impeccable track record supplying prestige domestic and commercial projects for over 18 years.
Why BT Bamboo Flooring?
Truly Eco-Friendly Flooring - We Are About the Environment
• BT Bamboo boards only use bamboos from controlled bamboo forests that are sustained.
• Concern for human rights and health and safety of the workers.
• Choice of non toxic glues used in production – low emissions,
• Coatings used – water based with no VOCs, no formaldehyde, no heavy metals, no insecticides, pesticides and herbicides.
• Non toxic waste free manufacturing meets stringent international eco standards (ISO 14000 and CE).
Reliability of Eco Flooring Systems as a Supplier
• Reputable, leading bamboo specialist for 18 years.
• History in industry choosing only the best quality bamboo flooring available.
• In-depth knowledge of bamboo flooring.
• Verify our claims and inform our customers.
• Stand by our warranty.
Stringent Quality Control
• Manufactured to the highest standard suited to Australian conditions.
• Direct contact with representation in China to ensure QC standards adhered to.
• Use of eco friendly glues and coatings used verified.
• QC checks on bamboo density, weight, colour consistency, moisture content, machining tolerance to ensure unrivaled consistent best quality that will stand up over time.
Superior Looking Product
• Uniform colour.
• Looks more like timber due to density with no mold/green bamboo.
• Genuine Välinge patented locking systems with waxed edges for easy, tight installations.
• Natural looking tough coatings, not plastic look or feel.
BT Strand Aluminum Oxide Finish Has 13 Layers of Coating
High Performance Coatings (HPC) are applied as multilayer systems by roller coating technology and cured by ultra violet (UV) energy. The coatings yield extreme hardness resulting in high mechanical resistance to scratch, impact and abrasion.
The coatings are water based and are free of halogenated hydrocarbons, heavy metals, herbicides, insecticides, pesticides, formaldehyde and any harmful emission complying with international standards.
The BT Strand coatings used fulfill the following characteristics:
• Comply with the EN71 Quality Standard.
• There is no migration of hazardous elements.
• There is no harm from direct skin or oral contact with coated surfaces.
• The coatings are based on waterborne polyurethane dispersions or acrylated polymers.
• The coatings are vinyl-free.
The coatings do not produce obnoxious gases when burned or decomposed.
BT Bamboo Guarantees
BT Bamboo guarantees flooring against manufacturing defects at time of purchase and guarantees structural integrity for a life time period for residential and 10 year commercial warranty. The surface finish wear layer has a 25 year residential and 10 year commercial warranty against peeling or separation of the coating from the flooring plank. This Warranty applies to the repair or replacement of BT Strand proven defective through faulty materials or manufacture. This warranty is provided on the basis that:
• BT Strand boards with obvious defects at the time of installation are not installed. Eco Flooring Systems will not be responsible for any costs related to the installation of defective, damaged product.
• BT Strand boards are laid in accordance with the BT Strand Installation Instructions and adhesive manufacturer’s application instructions.
• The floor is laid internally and is not subject to excessive moisture.
• The BT Strand flooring is in its original manufactured state.
• All preventative maintenance and care operations are maintained.
BT Bamboo Flooring - Extremely Hard
BT Bamboo floors are incredibly durable and even stronger than most hardwoods. They are made using strands of bamboo compressed under intense pressure. BT Bamboo is harder than most popular timber floors including Iron Bark, Spotted Gum, Brushbox and Jarrah. The result is an environmentally friendly product that has a look and feel of traditional timber flooring but with unrivaled performance and at a better price.
The Janka hardness scale measures the hardness of wood and is typically referred to in comparing the hardness of wood flooring types. In Australia the Janka ratings are given in kilo Newtons (kN). It can be a good indication of how much wear and tear a particular wood can withstand. BT Bamboo has a very high Janka rating and harder than most timber flooring options as seen in the table below.
The supplier of BT Bamboo flooring is ISO 9001 certified produced to ISO14001, CE certified, FSC.
Cleaning & Maintaining
Caring for Bamboo flooring is the same as for any timber flooring. Bamboo flooring is a naturally tough and hard-wearing floor. It is finished with up to thirteen coats of high quality water based aluminum oxide and will, if cared for properly, give your establishment many years of service. Our engineered flooring products are finished with the Bona coating system.
Prevent dirt, grit and sand from getting inside your building as much as possible by using dirt-trapping walk-in/walk-off mats at all entrances. Where possible the mats should be of a size that is large enough to ensure that both feet come into contact prior to entering. These mats should be cleaned regularly.
• Avoid walking on floor with stiletto shoes. Keep high heels in good repair – worn heels with exposed metal will dent any floor surface, even concrete!
• Keep pet claws trimmed to avoid excessive scratching.
• Be careful when moving heavy furniture or appliances. Lift them or slide them slowly over the floor on a clean piece of upturned carpeting or thick felt.
• Use floor protector pads on the feet of all furniture.
• Do not use rugs with rubber or vinyl backing or coir mats in high traffic areas.
Use electrostatic mop or vacuum with a brush head daily for best results. Remove wet spills, grease and food marks promptly using a cloth dampened with water. As with all types of flooring, prolonged exposure to water will result in cupping and swelling of the boards. Watch for leaky taps under benches and inside cupboards!
Sweep daily with a soft and dry electrostatic sweep mop. Do not use oil impregnated mops – these spread a thin film which could cause slipping. Loose grit can damage a bamboo floor very quickly when trodden into the surface.
We recommend you do not wet mop your floor. Excessive quantities of cleaner / water may damage the floor by causing it to swell, lifting the board edges and leaving the surface uneven. It may also lead to cleaning product residues remaining on the floor after it has been cleaned resulting in a hazy discolouration being evident.
Clean the floor regularly using dry cleaning methods. Suitable methods include the Bona Spray mop system with the Bona dusting pad, soft broom or vacuum with a soft brush attachment. Regular removal of surface dirt and sand will prevent the surface from being scratched.
To remove water soluble dirt, clean using Bona Wood Floor Cleaner. First dry clean the floor to remove surface dirt, etc. Spray the surface sparingly with Bona Wood Floor Cleaner or use a commercial, non ammonia, neutral PH cleaner, such as Peerless Versadet or Citrus Resources Orange Squirt that will remove dirt and grime but not damage or bleach the boards, use as little water as possible, and clean using the Bona Microfiber Cleaning pad or microfiber mop.
The mop should be used along the boards wherever possible. Rinse the mop pads regularly in clean water and wash when dirty. Follow the instructions as directed by the manufacturer.
Proper care and maintenance will extend the life of your floor before needing to re-coat. Re-coating should happen when traffic patterns have appeared in your finish. If the floor is really worn or damaged sanding and re-coating may be necessary. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for re-coating systems.
Downloadable Technical Specifications & Tests